Winnebago County Insurance Certificate Information (Contracts with Winnebago County will not be approved without a valid insurance certificate)
The information on this page contains pertinent insurance certificate requirements applicable to the festivals, tournaments, and/or runs that take place on various Winnebago County Parks properties. Included in the information are specifics relating to the conditions and coverages each LESSEE/EVENT SPONSOR must address within their certificate. It is recommended that LESSEES/EVENT SPONSORS submit a copy of this document to his/her insurance agent and make them aware that the narrative on the completed certificate must be precise.
A minimum of thirty (30) days prior to holding the event or participating in the event, the LESSEE/EVENT SPONSOR, at its own expense, shall furnish Winnebago County with a Certificate of Insurance indicating proof of the following insurance from companies licensed in the State:
1. Workers Compensation - statutory - in compliance with the Compensation Law of the State. Include a Federal Longshoremen and Harbor Workers Endorsement, if applicable.
2. General Liability Insurance with a minimum combined single limit of liability per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage of $1,000,000 or $2,000,000 if explosion, underground and/or collapse involved. This insurance shall include on the Certificate of Insurance the following coverages:
- Premises - Operations
- Products and Completed Operations
- Broad Form Property Damage
- Broad Form Blanket Contractual
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Liquor Liability (if alcohol on Premises)
3. The certificate shall list the Certificate Holder and Address as follows: Winnebago County, Attn: Purchasing Manager, P.O. Box 2808, Oshkosh, WI 54901-2808.
4. Regarding the "Description of Operations", LESSEE/EVENT SPONSOR is to include a description of the program as well as its location (address) and all applicable dates (i.e. set-up, event date(s), and clean-up).
5. Such insurance shall include under the General Liability and Automobile Liability Policies, the recognition of Winnebago County, its employees, elected officials, representatives, and members of its boards and/or commissions as "Additional Named Insureds".
6. Such insurance shall include a thirty (30) day notice prior to cancellation or material policy change, which notice shall be given to Winnebago County, Attn: Insurance Administrator, 112 Otter Avenue, Oshkosh, WI 54901. All such notices will name the LESSEE/EVENT SPONSOR and identify the event as well as the date(s).
Send the complete insurance certificate to Justin DeJager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the Winnebago County Parks Department at 625 E. County Road Y, Suite 500, Oshkosh, WI 54901. Contact the Parks Department at (920)232-1964 with any questions.
Insurance Rider Info
If you are purchasing an insurance rider from Winnebago County, please fill out the Tenant-User Liability Insurance Program Application. This application, along with a check made out to Wisconsin County Mutual for the premium, must be sent to the Parks Department office before a contract can be approved. Email the application to Justin at email@example.com or mail to Winnebago County Parks Department, 625 E. County Road Y, Suite 500, Oshkosh, WI 54901.