The Register of Deeds office is open to the public from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday). Please try to arrive by 4:15 pm. We are no longer at the courthouse. Our office is located at:
REGISTER OF DEEDS
112 Otter Ave., Room #108,
Oshkosh, WI 54901
*IMPORTANT RECORDING NOTICE*
Our office now uses Tag-less Recording and Electronic Document return. If you are submitting any paper documents to our office for recording, you will also need to submit a completed "Swift agreement". This agreement will give you access to the official copy of your document after it is recorded. You will be sent a link (valid for 7 days) allowing you to print up to 3 copies of your document(s). Beyond the 3 copies or 7 days, regular copy fees apply.
For more information on Tag-less Recording click here.
Genealogy and Land Records searching is available by appointment only. Appointments will be scheduled in morning (8:30 am to 11:00 am) and afternoon (1:30 pm to 3:30 pm) time slots, with one time slot per person (i.e. 2 people cannot share a time slot and sit together). Contact ROD staff at 920-232-3390 (Genealogy) or 920-232-3394 (Land Records) to schedule an appointment. A face mask is strongly encouraged while searching.
Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail).
Our office is able to issue the following Vital Records:
- All Wisconsin Birth Certificates (some rare exceptions)
- All Wisconsin Marriage Certificates (some rare exceptions)
- Death Certificates in which the death occurred in Winnebago County prior to 9/1/2013
OR any death certificate in which the death occurred in Wisconsin 9/1/2013 or later
- Divorce Certificates – ONLY those which occurred in Wisconsin January 1, 2016, or after. For Divorce records PRIOR to January 1st, 2016, please check with the Winnebago County Clerk of Courts for Divorce Findings of Fact, Conclusion of Law and Judgment (located at the Winnebago County Courthouse – 415 Jackson St., Oshkosh, WI 54901). Certified and uncertified divorce certificates (statewide) prior to January 1, 2016, can be ordered from the State of Wisconsin Vital Records office online – www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords Authenticated, but uncertified, copies of certificates of divorce as well as findings of fact, conclusions of law and judgment in most Winnebago County divorces from 1848-1978 can be obtained from the UW Oshkosh Archives and Area Research Center: https://archives.uwosh.edu/genealogy
- NOTE: Vital Records prior to October 1, 1907, may not be available due to there being no filing requirement prior to this date. Pre-October 1907 Vital Records can also be searched at the UW Oshkosh Archives and Area Research Center: https://archives.uwosh.edu/genealogy
- To provide the official county repository for:
- Real estate records (deeds, land contracts, mortgages, etc.)
- Vital records (birth, death, marriage and military discharges)
- To provide safe archival storage and convenient access to these public records.
- To implement statutory changes, system modernization, program and procedure evaluation and staff development to assure a high level of timely customers service.
Search Land Records with Tapestry/Laredo
Help combat property/mortgage fraud