2023 WINNEBAGO COUNTY BOAT LANDING TRAILER PARKING PERMITS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONLINE SOMETIME IN JANUARY.
Annual & Three-Year Permit Fees
Resident (of Winnebago County) Permits:
- Annual Resident = $35
- Three-Year Resident = $75
- Annual Senior Resident (55+) = $30
- Three-Year Senior Resident (55+) = $60
- Annual Non-Resident = $45
- Three-Year Non-Resident = $100
Supplemental: (Supplemental permits are for your second vehicle. You must purchase a regular permit before you can purchase a supplemental permit and you must show proof of ownership of the second vehicle.)
- Resident = $5
- Non-Resident = $10
- Three-Year Resident = $10
- Three-Year Non-Resident = $20
Three-County Permits (Winnebago, Fond du Lac, Calumet)
- Cost = $50
- Three-County permits can only be purchased online and at the Parks office.
- The sticker is a collaboration between Winnebago, Fond du Lac, and Calumet counties.
- These stickers can only be used on Lake Winnebago launches owned by these counties.
Daily Boat Launch Fees
- Cost = $7
- Daily permits are available at each Winnebago County boat launch.
Second Vehicle Permits
- When purchasing an initial permit sticker, a second sticker is available for an additional vehicle used by the same individual; proof of ownership is required.
- Second stickers purchased after the initial transaction, are only available at the Parks office.
- Not available for the three-County permits
- Available at the Parks office or Winnebago County Clerk's office only.
- You MUST remove the old sticker from your windshield and bring it with you when obtaining the replacement sticker. Peel the sticker off your windshield as well as you can and bring in the pieces.
- If you do not bring the old sticker back, a replacement fee of $5 may be applied when obtaining a replacement sticker.
The Boat Trailer Parking Permit Program provides the County with a stable source of funding thereby allowing it to continue to provide a high standard of care for the boat landing properties. In order to facilitate this process, all revenue derived from the program is directed towards an account reserved for the maintenance and improvement of Winnebago County boat landings.
On an annual basis, the County expends approximately $90,000 within the Parks Boat Landing Operations Fund; Winnebago County has seven boat landings located throughout the county.
Additional Operating Costs
The County owns an inventory of 121 lit and unlit buoys that are annually placed out on the surrounding lakes. In order to facilitate this service each year the county dedicated more than $110,000 to install, maintain and remove these fixtures. In addition to the County’s maintaining the navigational aid system, the Sheriff’s Department appropriates approximately $40,000, along with state grants, towards operating its boat patrol.
Vehicle Sticker vs. Boat Trailer Sticker
By designating this as a "Boat Trailer PARKING PERMIT" involving a sticker attached to a motor vehicle, it empowers the County to apply enforcement through State Statute 345.28. This statue can not be used for a program where the permit and sticker are linked only to a boat trailer. It is solely through State Statute 345.28 that the vehicle license plate number can be legitimately used and a non-moving traffic citation issued.
Attachment of Sticker
The sticker must be attached to the lower left-hand corner of the driver's side windshield. If not attached properly, a citation will be levied.