Wisconsin Well Woman Program
The Wisconsin Well Woman Program provides free breast and cervical cancer screenings to women with little or no health insurance. The Winnebago County Health Department coordinates the program for women in the following 9 counties: Calumet, Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Marquette, Outagamie, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Waushara, and Winnebago.
What does the program pay for?
- Breast and pelvic exams
- Mammograms (breast cancer screening)
- Diagnostic screenings and tests, such as ultrasounds and biopsies
- Pap tests (cervical cancer screening)
- HPV screening
The Wisconsin Well Woman Program pays for many, but not all, follow-up tests to diagnose breast or cervical cancer. Contact your program coordinator for details.
You may qualify if:
- You are a woman 45-64 years old
- You are a woman 35-44 years old with symptoms or concerns
- You do not have health insurance or your insurance policy has a high deductible for screenings or tests
- Your income is within the program guidelines.
How to apply:
- Fill out this form, or
- Email us, or
- Call us at (920)727-8650
- Your healthcare provider can also help you enroll.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What if I find out that I have breast or cervical cancer? As a Well Woman Program client, you may be eligible for Well Woman Medicaid to help pay your medical bills. Your coordinator can help you apply.
What about other health problems they may find during the exam? Well Woman Program is unable to pay for follow up tests and treatment for other health conditions. Talk to your health care provider or coordinator to see if other programs can help you.
What if I receive a bill for a Well Woman Program covered service? Call your coordinator if you think you have received a bill in error.
- Find additional information from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services: www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/wwwp.
- Review annual reports by county.
- Click here to print brochures or posters in English and Spanish.
- Contact us for free posters, brochures, or share our video of WWWP on your social media - @WinnebagoHealth
- Learn more about healthcare near Winnebago County.