Wisconsin law requires all residents to dispose of sharps (needles, syringes and lancets) properly. It is illegal to put sharps in the trash or with recyclables. Follow proper collection of needles guidelines for both used and unused needles.
Sharps Drop-Off Sites in Winnebago County:
- Aurora Pharmacy - Yes: Find details on their website.
- Mercy Medical Center - Yes: Sharps containers only. No Cost. Only for patients.
- HomeTown Pharmacy - Yes: All sites accept sharps (Oshkosh -321 N Sawyer St. or 1828 Jackson St. / Neenah -1415 S Commercial). You must purchase a sharps container each time ($8.00 for small size and $12.00 for large size) from HomeTown Pharmacy.
- Omro Community Center - Yes: Sharps containters only. Must provide name, address and phone number. Exchange for new sharps container provided by Omro Pharmacy.
- Omro Pharmacy - Yes: Sharps containters only. Must provide name, address and phone number. Exchange for new sharps container provided by Omro Pharmacy.
- Pick ‘N Save Pharmacies - Yes: No charge to bring sharps containers. Koeller St., Oshkosh / Fox Point Plaza, Neenah.
- Theda Clark - Yes: Will accept any type of hard plastic container with lid closed, such as laundry soap bottle, etc. No empties for exchange. Drop Box is located inside of Main Entrance to the hospital. Drop off times: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Find locations on their website.
Not accepting sharps from the public at this time:
- Aurora Medical Center
- Schultz Pharmacy
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy
Please respect the request of drop-off sites to ensure continuation of the program. If you have questions, call the organization for details. If you have information for us to update, email our department.
List of Registered Sharps Collection Stations in Wisconsin. (DNR)
Download and share our sharps collection/disposal guidelines brochure (PDF).