View/Print the Current Wellness Plus Class Schedule
- Strong Bodies - A simple scripted, evidence based program that improves bone density, balance and strength for participants 55+.
- Stepping On - A community-based falls prevention program aimed at educating participants and building confidence to reduce and eliminate falls.
- Healthy Living With Diabetes - This workshop is designed to help adults with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes learn self-management skills and increase their confidence in managing their diabetes.
- Healthy Living With Chronic Pain - This workshop is designed for adults with on-going (chronic) pain to learn skills to effectively manage pain and improve energy, mental health, and quality of life.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers - A class for family caregivers. The Powerful Tools for Caregivers program will provide you with strategies to better handle the unique caregiver challenges you face.
- Stand Up! (Stand Up and Move More) - Research shows that excessive sedentary behavior (or 'sitting time') has been linked to serious health consequences. In fact, too much sitting time is equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes per day! The Stand Up & Move More program (also known as Stand Up) gives you strategies to do just that - stand up and move more!
- Tai Chi - Now piloting Tai Chi classes in a few locations. Contact Joanne if you would be interested in bringing a Tai Chi class to your community.
- Walk with Ease - An evidence based class designed to reduce pain and build strength and confidence through walking.
- Mind Over Matter - A program to help women over 50 build the skills they need to avoid or improve symptoms of incontinence.
Register for a class: Call the health department at 920-232-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a class at your location or become a Class Leader: Contact the Winnebago County Health Department. Click here for contact information.
Help us promote Wellness Plus classes: Click here to download a poster to print. Click here to download the flyer as an image.
Other locations: Check out WIHA's website to find classes by location - online classes can be taken anywhere!
You can refer people to the current class list by typing in any browser: wchd.pub/wellnessclasses