Civil Traffic Unit

The district attorney handles traffic tickets and ordinance violations issued by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Police, the Winnebago County Sheriff, The Wisconsin State Patrol, and the Department of Natural Resources. If your non-criminal traffic ticket was issued by another agency (e.g. City of Oshkosh, Town of Menasha), you must contact that agency's prosecuting attorney to discuss your case.

If we are handling your case, and you wish to discuss your case, you must first plead not guilty at intake court. Your ticket should have instructions on how to do so. We do not have police reports before the intake date, and the case is not assigned to an attorney before the intake date, so we cannot discuss your case before intake.

After your not guilty plea is received, your case will receive a pretrial date. If you wish to discuss your case, please check CCAP and see who the assigned attorney is, and contact the attorney by email.