Snowmobile Trails in Winnebago County are interconnecting with all of the surrounding counties.
Use of the Winnebago County Snowmobile trails is only permitted when public notice has been made by the Winnebago County Parks Department. Snowmobilers making use of the trails without authorized opening may be fined or ticketed. The Winnebago County trail status is the official device by which notice of the trail closings or openings is delivered.
- 2012-2014 * We can not mail out snowmobile maps*
- The new maps are split into 5 "Zones". You will need the new map either in hand or visible on the website when calling in for the open and closed status to see which zones will be open and which will be closed when indicated. Most gas stations and resturants along the trails carry the maps, otherwise a copy can be picked up at the Parks office in Oshkosh. Please be aware the snowmobile alliance does ask for a $2 donation to help cover the cost of the printing of these maps.
What do the Snowmobile Clubs do?
There is a 200-mile network of snowmobile trails in Winnebago County with 133.5 miles designated as state 'funded' trails. The remaining 80 miles of trails are club trails, which mean local clubs install and maintain these trails through fundraisers and membership dues. Snowmobile trails are open to all REGISTERED snowmobilers.
If you snowmobile on any trail in Wisconsin, chances are the trails were made possible by the local snowmobile club. These clubs provide the trails for public use through volunteer efforts of club members.
By belonging to a snowmobile club, you are helping the sport stay strong by providing good trails. You share the fun and fellowship of snowmobiling with others.
Snowmobile clubs have instructors who teach the DNR Snowmobile Safety Course. The course is required for all snowmobilers between the ages of 12 and 16 who wish to operate alone. Contact the DNR, your local club, or county association for safety class information.
Snowmobile Alliance meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of each month at Oshkosh Lanes.
Winnebago County Snowmobile Alliance
Officers 2013 - 2014
President: Jim Kumbier - (920) 379 - 1887
Director: Mike Giese - (920) 450 - 5865
Vice President: Dwight Mason- (920) 420 - 1326
Secretary: Jason Ollanketo - (920) 420 - 4795
Treasurer: Teri Johnson - (920) 582 - 3251
Snowmobile club members work closely with landowners in the placement of the trails. This cooperation results in the promotions of safe, responsible snowmobiling, which in turn benefits everyone.
Help keep landowners happy by:
- Staying off the trail until they are open
- Only travel on marked trails
- Do not cut corners
- If you leave the marked trail, you are trespassing.
- Maintenance Billing Form for Snowmobile Clubs
Equipment and Labor Rates '13 - '14
- Snowmobile Non-Grooming Form