Municipalities Served by Winnebago County
Menasha, Neenah, Omro, Oshkosh, parts of Appleton
Algoma, Black Wolf, Clayton, Menasha, Neenah, Nekimi, Nepeuskun, Omro, Oshkosh, Poygan, Rushford, Utica, Vinland, Winchester, Winneconne, Wolf River
Butte des Morts, Eureka, Larsen, Pickett, Metz (partial), Mikesville, Minden, Waukau, Winnebago
Winnebago County Observed Holidays for 2015
|New Year's Day||Thursday, January 1, 2015|
|Good Friday||Friday, April 3, 2015|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||Friday, July 3, 2015|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 7, 2015|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 26, 2015|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 27, 2015|
|Christmas Eve Day||Thursday, December 24, 2015|
|Christmas Day||Friday, December 25, 2015|
|New Year's Eve Day||Thursday, December 31, 2015|
Makeup of County per the 2000 Census
156,763 people residing in the county.
|1.12%||Black or African American|
|.72%||from other races|
|.92%||from two or more races|
|1.96%||Hispanic or Latino|
Language, as their first language
Business and Industry
The mission of Winnebago County is to economically and efficiently provide and manage delivery systems for diverse programs and services to meet basic human needs.
To carry out this mission, the following roles are required:
- To serve as an agent for the Federal and State Government to fulfill mandated programs.
- To provide optional community services as determined by the County Board.
- To provide programs and services in the most cost-effective manner.
- To encourage citizens awareness, participation, and involvement in county government.
- To encourage cooperation among business, government, labor, and education to solve common problems.
- To utilize community resources as a vehicle for good government.