Who We Are
Our Mission Statement
Park View Health Center is a county-owned, skilled nursing facility dedicated to providing services to residents of the Winnebago County community in need of long-term care, short-term rehabilitative care, and specialized behavioral services.
What services do we provide?
- 24-Hour, Skilled Nursing Care
- Certified Social Services Staff
- Psychiatric Services
- Physical/Occupational/Speech-Language Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Financial Services/Business Office
- Certified Dietitians
- Music Therapists
- Private Pay, Medicare and Medicaid Billing
- Laundry/Housekeeping Services
- In-house Salon Services
- Volunteer-sponsored Gift Shop
What makes us unique?
- Accommodations are made for Winnebago County residents regardless of their challenging physical/developmental/mental issues and their ability to pay.
- Park View is a smoke-free campus, which encompasses the building and all surrounding parking lots and grounds.
- The facility is nestled in a park and offers more than ten courtyards as well as working vegetable and flower gardens.
- The new, state-of-the-art building provides comfortable, home-like accommodations with private rooms and wall-mounted, flat-screen televisions.
- The dining areas within each of the sixteen households are spacious and inviting.
- Importance is placed on music as a form of therapy; a wide-range of music activities are offered and provided to residents.
- Soft-touch massage therapy is offered by licensed therapists to residents requesting those services.
- There is recognition of the therapeutic value of pet visits and it is an encouraged practice. They must be on a leash, not harmful to others, and they are not allowed in dining areas. Pets must also be up-to-date on their vaccinations and healthy at the time of their visits.
- Park View provides in-house, certified wound care nurses.
- Aurora Health Care and Affinity Health Systems provide assigned nurse practitioners to regularly visit their patients here at Park View.
EVERCARE® – Park View Health Center has partnered with UnitedHealthcare® to offer “Evercare” to our residents. Evercare provides Medicare-covered, onsite care to nursing home residents, with no additional premium costs beyond the original Medicare and Medicare Part D premiums.
If a resident chooses Evercare services, the assigned, in-house nurse practitioner will work closely with the resident and family members, their physician, and our staff in providing consistent, coordinated and compassionate care, potentially avoiding the number of stressful trips to the hospital.
What We Look Like
Park View Health Center is owned and operated by Winnebago County. Surrounded by a beautiful park, Park View is located on the north side of the city of Oshkosh and approximately five miles from the Neenah city limits. (Google Maps)
Click on an image below to view a larger version.
How to Apply
Park View is a skilled nursing facility and provides care for as many as 168 adult residents. We are licensed by the State of Wisconsin and certified for Medicare and Medical Assistance.
For eligibility information for Medicaid, go to www.dhfs.state.wi.us/medicaid
For eligibility information on Medicare, go to www.medicare.gov
For admission questions, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Carol Young, at 920-237-6932.
- State ADRC_Brochure_09-12.pdf - "Considering Assisted Living or a Nursing Home? What You Should Know"
If you are interested in learning more about positions that may currently be available on our PVHC team, please check our Human Resources Department website.