Prevention Services focuses on the well-being of the citizens of Winnebago County. This team provides support for community projects aimed at decreasing drug and alcohol problems and creating messages that promote health and safety. Through the Brighter Futures Initiative funds from the State of WI allow Prevention services to support multiple groups throughout the community. Some examples of these groups include:
- Community for Hope of Greater Oshkosh and their work with suicide prevention.
- Re:TH!NK activities with involvement in the Substance Abuse Prevention Committee as well as Leadership and Active Lifestyles Committees
- Parent Connection, Nurturing Program, and Active Parenting at Family Services with their efforts to help support parents in need.
- Best Friends of Neenah and Menasha mentoring programs
- Youth-Go in Neenah with mentoring programs Prevention Services also coordinates the Option Program, an alternative to fines and legal action for youth cited with their first underage drinking offense. The Option Program involves ten hours of class time completed in two hour classes over five weeks. Enrollment in this program can be completed on any page of this website by clicking the Option Program button on the right side of your screen.