We understand that not everyone is ready to become a foster parent, but there are many other ways that you, your business, church or service organization can help children in foster care and foster parents in your community.
- Provide overnight or weekend respite care to give foster parents a break from their responsibilities. To learn more about becoming a respite provider, call Renee Soroko at (920) 236-4658 or send an email email@example.com.
- Help recruit people you believe would make good foster parents. Refer them to our website or encourage them to contact us at (920)236-4658 for more information.
- Consider having your business donate door prizes to be used at various foster care appreciation events throughout the year. Contact Cindy Young (920)236-4626 for information.
- Plan a service project for your group that benefits children in foster care such as collecting donated items (school supplies or care packages are some examples) or making items to donate such as blankets. For more ideas or information on this contact Cindy Young at (920)236-4626.
- Help provide Christmas gifts for children in foster care by contacting the Winnebago County Foster And Adoptive Parent Association (WCFAPA) (920) 969-1583.
- Visit www.fostercaremonth.org for more ideas of ways you can “Change a Lifetime.”