If this is your first offense ever for underage drinking, you have a choice:
Enroll in the Option Class within one week. Or.. Go to court at the time and place listed on your ticket.
If you attend and successfully complete the Option Class, then your ticket will be
Dismissed by the court.
- A dismissal by court means no legal action on your ticket.
- Retain your driver's license privilege.
- No court appearance, no conviction and no fine.
If you are found guilt, you will be fined, may loose your driver's license (or your ability to get one on time for up to 90 days).
If you don't enroll, you will be scheduled for a court date as listed on your summons.
If you don't pass the Option Classes, your case will be rescheduled for a court date.
To Enroll in a class:
- Call from 8am to 4pm with your citation to 920-236-4820 within one week and fill out an enrollment form over the phone. This will stop legal action on your citation.
- Then, electronically pay with a payment code after the enrollment is completed or Mail your "release of confidential information form" and your fee before the first day of you class. Don't send cash through the mail.
$50.00 for under 17 yrs of age
$225.00 for 17-20 yrs of age
Winnebago County Dept. of Human Services
220 Washington Ave.
P.O. Box 2187
Oshkosh, WI 54903-2187