Frequently Asked Questions

Solid Waste Frequently Asked Questions



I have excess recycling material that won’t fit in my cart/bin or I missed my collection day.  Is there a place I can take it?

Yes, you can bring it to the Landfill located at 100 W County Road Y, Oshkosh for no charge during regular business hours.  We do ask that you stop at the Scale Office to let the Scale Operator know what you have.  The Scale Operator will direct you to the dumpsters designated for recyclables.



What day of the week is my recycling/trash picked-up?

We do not do any of the trash or recycling pick-ups.  Please contact your hauler for this information.


City of Oshkosh Sanitation


City of Oshkosh


City of Neenah Public Works Department




City of Neenah


City of Menasha Public Works Department




City of Menasha


Advanced Disposal




Towns of Algoma, Black Wolf, Clayton, Nekimi, Omro, Vinland, Winchester and Winneconne, Village of Winneconne, Village of Fox Crossing and City of Omro


Graichen Sanitation




Town of Wolf River




Harter's Fox Valley


Town of Neenah



Do you pay out for recycling aluminum cans?

We do not pay out for the recycling of aluminum cans.



Where can I take old electronics (television, monitor, laptop, CPU, printer, VCR etc.)

You can take household electronic items to the Winnebago County Landfill located at 100 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh for recycling.  Check-in at the Scale Office and let the Scale Operator know what you have.   The Scale Operator will collect the fee(s) and direct you where to go.  There is a limit of four (4) electronic items per customer. There is no charge for keyboard, speakers, mice, cords or cell phones.



How can businesses recycle their electronics?


How do I dispose of appliances, tires, car batteries, propane tanks, light bulbs, computers, TV’s, waste oil, oil filters and anti-freeze?

These materials are collected at the Winnebago County Landfill for recycling located at 100 W. County Road Y, Oshkosh.  Fees may apply; daily limits may apply.   No commercially collected materials, business materials or out-of-county materials accepted.



Do you accept yard waste such as leaves, grass, brush, clean wood, etc.?

Yes, the Winnebago County Landfill has a designated area for clean wood and yard waste.  Fees apply.



Can I get wood chips or compost from the Landfill for my home/garden?

Unfortunately not at this time.  Presently, all material is reused on-site around the Landfill site.



Text Size

  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Size: 100%