Are you a state-certified lead abatement or investigation company that would like to apply for a state-funded grant to do residential lead abatement?
Or are you interested in offering lead abatement or investigation services?
Great News! The Lead-Safe Homes Program has new opportunities for lead companies that do lead risk assessment or lead abatement work.
Grantee abatement companies must:
- Be a DHS state-certified lead company in good standing.
- Hold current Dwelling Contractor Certification issued by Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
- Have a crew who works in a lead-safe manner with skills appropriate for the scope of work required by the project.
- Provide one (1) year craftsmanship warranty on all work conducted for each awarded LSHP lead hazard reduction project.
Grantee abatement company perks:
- Free process for completing an application to work on a lead risk assessment or lead abatement project.
- Free business promotion: On the application process service, promote your business at no cost to you.
Grantee abatement companies can be reimbursed for:
- Training: Increase the size of your crew. Get more trained lead workers.
- Certification: Get reimbursed for your costs for certifying yourself and your workers.
- Supplies: Invoice for supplies as soon as they arrive on the jobsite.
- Work time: Bill for lead work done as part of the scope of work.
- Extra insurance: Include your costs of pollution protection insurance in the cost of the project.
- Mileage: If you travel out of your county for work, you can be reimbursed for your mileage to and from the jobsite.
Grantee environmental investigation companies can be reimbursed for:
- Work time: Get reimbursed for the cost of doing risk assessments and clearances on LSHP-enrolled properties.
- Training: Build your company/crew of trained staff with the skills to complete full risk assessments and property clearances.
- Mileage: If you travel out of your county for work, get reimbursed for your mileage to and from the jobsite.
If you're interested in becoming part of this program, please call the Winnebago County Health Department at 920-232-3000 or email email@example.com.