An erosion control permit is required during certain land disturbing activities to regulate the installation and maintenance of Best Management Practices (BMPs). The erosion control permit applies to the following land disturbing activities:
- Land disturbance greater than or equal to 4,000 square feet;
- Excavation or fill greater than or equal to 400 cubic yards;
- Public or private driveway and road construction or reconstruction longer than 125 linear feet;
- Construction of any structure, addition to a structure, or multiple additions and/or structures where the total area is greater than 1,000 square feet;
- The laying, repairing, replacing, or enlarging of an underground pipe or facility for a continuous distance of 100 feet or more;
- The construction or reconstruction of a continuous distance of 100 linear feet of road ditch, non-agricultural grass waterway, or other non-agricultural open channels
Stormwater permits include erosion control practices during construction and post construction stormwater management for commercial, industrial, or platted subdivision development that increases impervious surface by more than 1,000 square feet.