Winnebago County now offers THREE permanent medication drop-box locations. They are located at the City of Oshkosh, City of Neenah and Town of Menasha Police Stations. These drop-boxes are available 24/7.
Medication Disposal Do's and Don'ts
REDUCE pharmaceutical and medication waste whenever possible:
- Buy only as much as can reasonably be used in the immediate future.
- Ask the doctor to prescribe only enough to see if a new prescription medication will work for you, and in the lowest dose advisable.
DISPOSE of the remainder properly:
- Utilize local permanent drop-box to dispose of your unused pharmaceuticals.
- If you are unable to attend a medication collection program, render your leftovers unattractive by mixing them with coffee grounds or kitty litter. Then place them in your trash for disposal in a licensed solid waste landfill.
- Flush waste drugs down the toilet or sink drain.
- Burn pharmaceuticals or personal care products in a burn barrel.
For more information, please call 920-232-1850.