eRETR Web Site:
Electronic Real Estate Transfer Returns
On-line All the Time
Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Register of Deeds Association
Submit your Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Return electronically on-line at:
eRETR is free to all filers and preparers. There are no software licensing costs.
eRETR data can be saved and sent as an encrypted e-mail attachment anytime.
eRETR offers email notification upon recording as an optional customer service feature.
Step 1: Prepare Document of Conveyance (Deed)
Step 2: Complete Real Estate Transfer Return
After completing the return, print the Receipt and send it with the document to record and any required fees to the Register of Deeds in the same manner you have always done. Additional electronic filing information can be obtained at the DOR website or by contacting your local Register of Deeds Office:
eRETR Internet Links of Interest
- Wisconsin Register of Deeds Association Internet Registry of County Offices
- Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 77 Link
- Section 77.22(1) of the Wisconsin Statutes provides that “...submission of a completed real estate transfer return and collection by the register of the fee shall be prerequisites to acceptance of the conveyance for recording.” All information on the transfer return is useful to the local assessor, other municipal and county officials and staff of the Department of Revenue who have a statutory responsibility in the administration of Wisconsin tax laws.
- eRETR Rejection Criteria Guidelines
- Transfer Fee Administrative Tax Code
- Department of Commerce Rental Weatherization Program