RECORDING AND FILING FEES
Fees are governed by Wisconsin Statutes and are uniform throughout the State.
(Recorded documents will be returned to sender or designee.)
Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions, Lis Pendens, etc. and miscellaneous documents.
- Federal Tax Lien (As of April 23, 2004)
- $30.00 per document regardless of number of pages
Note: Maximum size sheet: 8 1/2" x 14". One side of a sheet constitutes a page and any riders attached are considered another page.
(Termination of Descendants Property Interests)
- $30.00 Flat fee regardless of number of pages
Copies of recorded documents are $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 each additional page.
CERTIFIED DOCUMENT COPIES
Copies of certified documents are $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 each additional page. An additional $1.00 fee per document is required for the certification.
Subdivision, Cemetery and Condominium Plats are $50.00 regardless of the number of pages.
Department of Transportation Project Plats (TPP) are $25.00 with one page being one plat.
Note: Plats are 22" x 30" in size except for Condominium Plats which are 14" x 22'.
REAL ESTATE TRANSFER FEES
- A transfer form and fee or exemption number is required for all conveyances EXCEPT when exemptions 1, 2r, 4 and 11 apply.
- Form is to be completed in detail.
- Current rate of fee is $3.00 per $1000 of value rounded off to the next higher hundred. See form for exceptions.
- Valuation must be shown when documents are exempt except if exempt under 77.25(3) and (11).
- Both Grantor and Grantee OR their agent must sign form.
- Transfers involving rental property must be accompanied by a Stipulation, Waiver, or Certificate of Compliance Form.
UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE FINANCING STATEMENTS
Realty Related UCC Financing Statements are now recorded and have the same fees as other recorded documents. This includes original UCCs and all Amendments.
For other UCCs filed with the Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), please visit their website.
Searches on all non-realty related UCCs filed with the DFI may be done through their website. There is no fee for this service. Exact name searches are required.
Federal Tax Liens are no longer included in the DFI's database but are recorded with the local register of deeds.
- Birth Certificate: $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy per order. $7.00 of this fee goes to fund state programs.
- Death & Marriage Certificates: $20.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy per order.
Note: The cost of the above vital records is for both certified and uncertified copies. Requesters must provide identification and demonstrate direct and tangible interest to receive certified copies.
- Military Discharges: These are filed and copies are made for veterans free of charge. Only the veteran may receive copies of his/her records and identification is required.
- Genealogy Searches: The public may search open records at no charge. Record copy fees are as above. Identification is required. Genealogists must register before searching.
- Method of Payment: Cash, Money Order or Personal Check.