Family Team

The Family Case Managers assist families and able-bodied single adults in finding and retaining employment and determine eligibility for work supports, such as Child Care Assistance, Medicaid/Badger Care Plus, Food Share, Emergency Assistance, and Refugee Assistance. The W-2 program provides a cash payment to a small number of families with barriers to employment.


Back to Top

BadgerCare Plus

The BadgerCare program is part of the Medicaid program and has higher income limits to help provide health insurance coverage for eligible low-income families.

Back to Top

ChildCare Assistance

Also known as Wisconsin Shares, this program provides a subsidy to eligible low-income parents to help them pay for approved ChildCare expenses.

Back to Top

Employment Programs

The Economic Support Division administers the Wisconsin Works (W-2) and the FoodShare Employment & Training programs in Winnebago County. These programs provide case management services, education, counseling, and work experience to assist eligible low-income participants in obtaining the necessary resources, skills, and experience to become self-sufficient through employment.

Back to Top

Energy Assistance

The HomePlus program, also known as WHEAP, provides a subsidy to eligible low-income families and individuals to help them pay for home heating expenses.

Back to Top

Food Stamps/SNAP

The State has asked to note that “FoodShare Wisconsin” was formerly known as “FoodStamps”. This name change was made to put greater emphasis on the value of benefits for better nutrition and good health, reflect the fact that these benefits are no longer in the form of “stamps”, and to reduce the stigma associated with the program for both clients and the general public. The USDA currently refers to this as SNAP -Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

Back to Top

FoodShare Wisconsin

The FoodShare program provides health and nutrition information, and a debit card benefit to supplement the food purchases of eligible low-income individuals and families. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Back to Top

Fraud Referral and Liaison

Referrals for investigation of suspected fraud or abuse of Food Stamp, Medicaid, or Child Care Assistance.

Back to Top

Medicaid Programs

Family-related Medicaid programs, also known as MA, Medical Assistance, T-19, Title 19, BadgerCare, or Healthy Start, provide health insurance coverage for eligible low-income children, families, and pregnant women.


Non-Discriminaton Statement