Resident of Winnebago County
At least 21 years of age
Physically able to care for a child
Compliance with DCF 56 – Foster Home Care for Children
Some of these qualifications include the following:
- The individual must be 21 years of age or older. Persons 18-21 years of age may be licensed to care for a relative. If married, both persons must sign the application to be foster parents.
- Have good mental and physical health, and comply with obtaining a statement from a physician to indicate adequate health.
- Personal stability.
- Financial stability.
- Possess an understanding of child development and behavior.
- Participate in a criminal background check.
- Ensure for a safe physical environment in which to care for children.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible and a willingness to work with the placing agency to assist in reuniting the child with the family.