Protect yourself! And those you Love.
There is currently NO cure for AIDS, however; advances in treatments have greatly increased the average life expectancy of those infected with AIDS.
YOU should be tested for HIV if:
• You are a man who has sex with other men.
• You have injected drugs and shared equipment.
• You have had a sexually transmitted infection.
• You have had unprotected sex with multiple partners.
• You have traded sex for money or drugs
• You have had a partner w/any of these risk factors
GET TESTED at
Winnebago County Health Department
112 Otter Ave, Oshkosh, WI
Oshkosh: 920-232-3000 Fox Cities: 920-727-2894
HIV testing is anonymous/confidential. A $15 donation is desired.
Other Testing Resources:
Your Local Physician
Telling Your Partner(s)
It is your responsibility to stop the spread of HIV after your diagnosis; tell your partner(s) they might be infected too.
• Tell them yourself
• Seek help from Partner Services at Winnebago County Health Department
(This service is designed to assist persons infected with HIV to tell sexual and needle sharing partners)
• Send an anonymous email (inspot.org)
ARCW operates Lifepoint, the nation's leading statewide clean needle exchange program, serving injection drug users, their spouses and their partners in 11 cities throughout Wisconsin. Lifepoint includes one-for-one exchange of used needles for new ones, HIV education and risk reduction counseling, HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing, referrals for drug treatment and an overdose prevention program. Lifepoint is conducted through a fleet of vans that visit over 20 exchange sites at community locations convenient to participants.