Many communicable diseases are required by state law to be reported to the local Health Department. -WI Statute Chapter 252 - Communicable Diseases - The WCHD conducts follow-up on disease reports to identify the source, works to prevent the spread of disease, and ensure that necessary measures are taken to protect the public. The department produces surveillance data, and shares concerns with other public health officials and local medical providers. The Health Officer or designee is on call 24/7 to respond to urgent public health issues.
- Communicable Disease Report for October 2013
- Communicable Disease Report for Winnebago County 2011
- Communicable Disease Report for Winnebago County 2010
Lyme disease information:
For more information about communicable diseases:
- TB Summit November 12, 2013
- Wisconsin Index of Communicable Disease Fact Sheets
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
If you suspect that you may have a communicable disease, please see your primary care physician. If you have any questions, please call us.