1. Plan Review
Before construction begins, the Winnebago County Health Department must review the building plans to ensure compliance regarding the building structure, equipment and plumbing. The Construction/Remodeling Checklist was developed as a tool to ensure necessary items are covered. Use this checklist to verify the code requirements are being met before construction begins.
Submit the following information:
- One copy of blueprints or copy of floor plan
- Listing of equipment
- Contact name and phone number
- Completed Construction/Remodeling Checklist
*Additional Information Needed From Food Establishments
- Proposed menu
- Name, certificate number, and expiration date of Certified Food Manager
Building plans must be submitted to:
Winnebago County Health Department
Attention: Environmental Health
112 Otter Ave - PO Box 2808
Oshkosh, WI 54903
2. Submit Fees and License Application
Complete and submit the required application and fees to Winnebago County Health Department.
Note: License years run from July 1st to June 30th
3. Contact Other Departments
It is suggested to contact the city or township where your food establishment will be located to ask about local ordinances, requirements or permits that are needed before opening.
4. Schedule a Pre-Inspection
Contact Winnebago County Health Department at least two weeks before opening day to schedule a pre-inspection.